Archive for September, 2009
An amazing video for the Typophile Film Festival – all done by hand (no CG!). Using words placed in sensory environments the film evokes sensations via letter combinations.
For anyone familiar with “The Invisibles” this video creates a nice counterpart to the hallucinogenic substance – Key 23. Key 23 allow the taker to see an object when presented with the word for that object. For instance the word “Bear” produces a vivid hallucination of a bear.
Synaesthetes often associate words with feelings, smells, colors, and sounds. This film beautifully connects text with texture.
(Croatia, Vietnam, Borneo – not a bad selection.)
Thanks to DisInfo
Podcasts, the internet’s equivalent to radio shows. If you are not yet savvy to what a podcast is and how to listen to them here is a brief primer.
How Podcasts Work
A “podcast” is an just mp3 audio file on a web server, there is no actual difference between a podcast mp3 and and any other mp3 you may already own. It will play in any standard mp3 player software or portable device. The way an mp3 becomes a “podcast” is through the use of an RSS feed, which is actually just a text file sitting on a web server somewhere. The RSS feed has a specifically formated list of the names and URL locations of each podcast mp3 file. When you add or subscribe to a podcast using “podcatcher” software (see step one below) you are simply telling it where to find the list of podcast files. The podcatcher will automatically check the file for changes from time to time. When a new “episode” of the podcast is released the RSS file will also be updated, and the new podcast will show up in your podcatcher ready to be downloaded and listened to.
How to Start Listening to Podcasts
Step 2: Add RSS Feeds to Your Podcatcher
The easiest way to do this is to locate podcast webpages, and cut and past the RSS feed for the podcast into your chosen program (look for an +add feed or subscribe function. for iTunes 9 look under the advanced tab). Be aware that many podcast sites have more than one RSS feed, you are looking for the one that has a list of the podcasts and not news articles (some podcatcher programs allow you to add both types of RSS feed).
Step 3: Download Shows
Once you have added the RSS feed the show should start to show up in your podcatcher software
List of Visionary Podcasts
Bioneers Podcast (free)
Psychedelic Salon (donation based)
Maps Podcast (free)
Disinformation Podcast (free)
Coast to Coast AM Podcast (subscription based)
The RU Sirius Show (free)
C-Realm (donation based)
Visionary Activist Show (free)
Gnostic Radio (free)
Viking Youth Power Hour (free)
Leave a comment if you know of other similar podcasts. This article will repost at a later date as more podcasts are found.
The Human Microbiome Project is analyzing the human body to determine it’s non-human components. Only 10% of our bodies are composed of human cells while the other 90% is composed of bacteria, viruses and other microbes that make life possible. (Human cells are much larger than microbes so this percentage is by cell population, not by volume.)
Perhaps the accumulated electro-magnetic discharge of our human minds and bodies combined with that of billions of tiny organisms within is what imbues us with consciousness and sparks our feelings of oneness as we toggle our scale sliders.
The Vigilant Citizen is one of the most impressive websites active in the analysis and documentation of mystical symbology implanted in prominent architecture and culture. It is well composed and as unbiased an account of spooky shit as I’ve ever read.
Lady Gaga – Mind Control Role Model (by far the seemingly craziest at first but spectacularly well evidenced in the long run)
Admittedly these all have a leaning towards conspiracy theory. The importance of these articles beyond the facts and interpretation are the ideas. Ideas, either direct in art and architecture or subconsciously embedded in music and movies, have power. One way or another – this is all direct evidence of massive, organized power.